Sonoff Basic is an entry level smart relay remotely controllable via Internet with timer function. Its R3 version is the latest 2019 version, which also features a DIY mode, which supports integration with other smarthome/home automation systems through REST API. That is,in DIY mode the device does not connect to the Sonoff/eWeLink cloud and app, but can be controlled via the API.
The device is a WiFi-equipped smart switch relay, that once wired to any circuit, you can turn ON / OFF any electric devices connected to the same wire. It supports smartphone remote control via iOS (Apple) or Android App, and comes with timer function (scheduled turn ON / OFF).
The device also has a physical button. Share smartphone remote control with your family. It is a perfect solution to smart-control any home appliances that is not neccesary to operate constantly, and have to turn ON / OFF periodically (e.g. aquarium air pump). By using the smart switch you can remotely turn ON any of your appliances even before you are at home, and you can conveniently set a scheduled turn OFF, to save energy and cost.
Sonoff Basic is an entry level smart relay, its “premium” version, Sonoff TH10 has similar power output (2200W, 10A), but comes with a bigger and robust boxing, and unlike the Basic version TH10 has all the connection points on the same side.
- Remote ON / OFF – Anytime, anywhere, from now on you can turn all your appliances on and off remotely
- Mobil App support – Free iOS and Android mobil App: eWeLink
- Sync status – Check actual relay status (turned ON or OFF) with the mobile App
- Timer – Various timer functions: single time, scheduled turn on/off, countdown/timer, loop.
- Share control – Control the device together with your family
- Scene – Turn ON / OFF a gang of devices with one tap
- Smart scene – Triggered ON/OFF by temp, hum or other environmental sensors
- Compatibility – Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT and Google Nest