Shelly i3 is Shelly’s 2020 summer new tiny device, even smaller than small Shelly relays, can be easily installed into wall sockets. It is capable to detect switch from up to 3 wall or other switches and wirelessly control Shelly relays and sensors or other HTTP, MQTT or CoAP controlled devices via WiFi. It’s a prefect choice to support wireless switching scenarios between a wired wall switch and a remote Shelly relay.
We can use it to wirelessly connect a wired wall (or other switch) with an electronic device (light or device connected to wall socket) contolled by a Shelly relay, installed even in a different location. Shelly i3 receives the switch signal from the wall switch, and forwards it via WiFi to a Shelly 1 / Shelly 1PM / Shelly 2.5 WiFi relay, also supporting controlling multiple relays.
Shelly i3 can work with up to 3 switches and configure 8 different events to all switches (switch on, switch off, short push, long push, double, triple switch, long + short, short + long switch). All switching modes can have a configured Scene function, as well as, direct-device-to device commands are via URL based commands available.
Just as in case of other Shelly smart devices, Shelly i3 connects directly to the WiFi router, it does not need a hub or gateway to work.
- Connects directly to a WiFi router, does not need a hub or gateway to work
- Compatible with 110-240 АC and 24-60V DC
- Can connect to up to 3 switches, and supports up to 8 swiches modes for all 3 swichtes, controlling other Shelly devices via Shelly app Scenes or direct device to device URL commands
- Comptile with Shelly Cloud app available for Android and iOS, also with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, MQTT, CoAP, and REST API-compatible smart home automation platforms
- factory firmware is easy to reflash
Other compatible platforms and integrations:
- Home Assistant
- REST API